What does this accessory do?
Watch Link is a 3rd party hardware device & app which acts as an interface between Hydrow and an Apple Watch. The Watch Link syncs the heart rate data from your Apple Watch directly to your Hydrow so it will display on the touch screen during your workouts.
How does the connection work?
The Watch Link App captures heart rate data from your Apple Watch and sends it to the Watch link pod by Bluetooth. The Watch Link pod then translates this data into a format Hydrow can use and connects to Hydrow via ANT+ like any other heart rate monitor.
How do I use it with Hydrow?
- Download the Watch Link app to your phone and Apple Watch.
- Open the app on your watch and select the 'Tap to Start' tile then 'Connect Now'.
Bring the pod close to your Apple Watch to pair (within 1" for best results).
- On Hydrow's touchscreen, pair Watch Link as a HRM through the Row details screen. (Full Process here)
Select your workout type in the Watch Link app.
- Choose "Row" on Hydrow to begin the workout!
Is this a workable solution for multiple Apple Watch users?
- Potentially, Yes. A single pod can be used by several people in the household.
- Each user will need to pair manually to the Watch Link pod the Apple Watch app before beginning the workout.
- Each user will then need to unpair the pod in the app's Settings following each workout. Otherwise another user may be prevented from pairing.
- Hydrow will stay connected to the Watch Link pod as a HRM, regardless of which Apple Watch is connected to it.
Should I physically attach the Watch Link pod to my Hydrow?
This is optional. The pod only needs to remain somewhere within 30ft of your Apple watch & Hydrow. Mounting options are available from the manufacturer if desired.
- The WATCH LINK uses a CR 2032 battery.
- These batteries can be purchased in a pharmacy in the section that has hearing-aid batteries, or on amazon.
- Watch Link claims the battery life under normal use is between 3 and 12 months depending on use conditions.
- A blinking red light on the pod indicates a low battery.
Apple Watch Compatibility
Troubleshooting - LED status
Slow (every 30-60 seconds)
|Watch Link is ready but not connected to the app|
|Green||Fast (every couple seconds)||Connected to the Watch Link app.|
|Red||Fast or Slow||LOW BATTERY|
|Off||n/a||Watch Link has no power.|
Note that there is no LED status change to indicate whether connection to Hydrow is active. This will only be apparent on the Hydrow touchscreen.