Watch Link is a 3rd party hardware device and app that acts as an interface between Hydrow and an Apple Watch. The Watch Link syncs the heart rate data from your Apple Watch directly to your Hydrow so it will display on the touch screen during your workouts.
The Watch Link App captures heart rate data from your Apple Watch and sends it to the Watch link pod by Bluetooth. The Watch Link pod then translates this data into a format Hydrow can use and connects to Hydrow via ANT+ like any other heart rate monitor.
Pair Watch Link with Hydrow
- Download the Watch Link app to your phone and Apple Watch.
- Open the app on your watch, tap Tap to Start, then tap Connect Now.
- Bring the Watch Link close to your Apple Watch to pair (within 1 inch for best results).
- On Hydrow, pair Watch Link as an ANT+ device.
- Select your workout type in the Watch Link app.
- Tap Row on Hydrow to begin the workout!
Get Watch Link help
Contact Watch Link support at email@example.com.
Apple Watch Compatibility
You can perform this step in any situation where Watchlink isn't working correctly.
- Remove the battery from Watch Link for at least 10 seconds.
- Replace the battery and reassemble Watch Link.
LED Status Light
Slow (every 30-60 seconds)
|Watch Link is ready but not connected to the app|
|Green||Fast (every couple seconds)||Ready to connect to Hydrow. (Please note that this does not indicate a successful Apple Watch <> Watch Link pairing; it only indicated that Watch Link can be paired with Hydrow)|
|Red||Fast or Slow||Low battery|
|Off||n/a||Watch Link has no power|
Note that there is no LED status change to indicate whether connection to Hydrow is active. This will only be apparent on the Hydrow touchscreen.
How does Watch Link work with multiple household members?
- A single pod can be used by several people in the household.
- Each user must manually pair the Watch Link pod to the Apple Watch app before beginning the workout, and then manually unpair the Watch Link pod after their workout.
- Hydrow will stay connected to the Watch Link pod as am HRM, regardless of which Apple Watch is connected to it.
Can I physically attach the Watch Link pod to my Hydrow?
This is optional. The pod only needs to remain somewhere within 30ft of your Apple watch & Hydrow. Mounting options are available from the manufacturer if desired.
How do I order a replacement battery?
- Watch Link uses a CR 2032 battery.
- Replacement batteries can be purchased in a most pharmacies (or Amazon) in the hearing-aid battery section.
- Watch Link claims the battery life under normal use is between 3 and 12 months depending on use conditions.
- A blinking red light on the pod indicates a low battery.