What is this feature for?
Invitations is a way to engage your friends, family, or other members of the Hydrow community to work out together! Depending on who your followers are it might be great used for:
- Friendly competition
- Accountability to workout buddies
- Connecting with friends & family.
- Getting to know your crew-mates in the wider Hydrow community.
For more details about the launch of this feature see our recent blog post here.
How do I send a new Invitation?
- Start by opening the Hydrow mobile app (This only works in the iOS app currently but will be available on Android soon!)
- Select a workout that you would like to invite your friends to participate in. This can be either a rowing workout or one of our on-the-mat classes.
- Before you begin, choose the "Invite People" button to start creating an invitation.
- Write a message that will be sent to your followers along with the workout invitation.
- Click “Post Invitation” and everyone who follows you in the app will be invited.
- This invite will show up in their feed and as a push notification if they have notifications enabled.
- Active Invites will also appear for everyone involved in the “Invitations” section under "Feed" tab in the app.
I've been invited by a friend! How do I participate?
- You can either tap the notification you received or just visit the Feed tab in your Hydrow app and select "invitations" to see the current workout invitation
- From the Invitation in this section, anyone invited to participate can do the following:
- Comment to chat with the group.
- See/share performance stats as others complete the workout too!
- Choose “Save to Hydrow” This will favorite the workout for completion later on your Hydrow rower.
(see how to find your favorites section on Hydrow)
- Hop on your Hydrow, start the workout from your Favorites filter, and give it your best shot!
- Return to the Invitation in the app to compare stats and chat at anytime!
- Comment to chat with the group.
Do I need to do the workout immediately?
- It's up to you! After receiving an Invitation you can complete the workout at any time.
- Invitations don’t disappear quickly, so don’t feel rushed to participate! You can save it and choose a time that’s convenient for you to give it your best performance!
- The invitation page remains open and accessible to you both before & after the workout. You can do the invited workout anytime and then revisit the invitation to chat and compare stats.
- If you complete the workout more than once, your stats will update in the invitation! If you’re trying to compete with the other invited members, you can give it several tries!
How can I find and follow friends to use this feature?
See this article for more about following others in the app: Finding & Following Your Friends on the Hydrow Mobile Apps
Don't know anyone else with a Hydrow? You can follow our Athletes, or the account named HydrowCommunity to be notified when they send group invites to row.
You can also connect with the wider Hydrow community on our official Facebook group.
I didn’t receive a push notification when someone invited me?
- Make sure your notifications preferences are set to allow this in the app
- Note that notifications happen only on the Mobile app and not on the screen of your Hydrow rower. This is normal.
- For the time being, Android users will not receive these notifications. This will change when the feature becomes available for the Android app soon!
I row a lot! What if I’ve already completed the workout they invited me to? Will it fill in my best time automatically?
No, stats will only appear for the group if you complete the workout after receiving the invitation. If someone invites you to a workout you have done in the past, you would need to complete it again in order to participate.
I can't find the "Invitations" feature at all in my app. What am I doing wrong?
- You need to have the very latest version of the Hydrow iOS app in order to use Invitations, make sure that you have updated in the app store.
- If you are on the latest version of the iOS app and still don't see invitations as described above, try:
- Uninstalling the Hydrow app entirely from your device.
- Restarting your phone.
- Downloading a fresh copy of the app from the app store
- If you are on an Android device, this is normal for now. We are in preparation to release this feature on Android too in the near future, but currently it is for iOS only.
I have other problems with sending or receiving invites.
Please try all the troubleshooting steps from the previous section. If still having trouble you can open a support ticket with our Member Services by using the blue feedback button in the corner of your iOS app. More about that button here