We have Closed Captioning available for all of our recent on-demand rows.
Note that captioning options may not be available for the following:
- Live workouts
- "Journey" Workouts or other content without an instructor speaking.
- Older on-demand workouts in the library. Mainly from before February 2021 when this feature was implemented.
How do I activate captions?
- Select and tap on the workout you want to do.
- On the workout details page, choose "Sound and drag settings"
- Switch "Closed captions" From off to on.
- Now Subtitles for the Athlete should appear at the bottom of the screen above your stats.
On the App:
- Select and tap on the workout you want to do and enter the workout.
- Tap the screen of your device that is playing the workout and select the chat-box in the very bottom right, below the time mark. *Note that this is different than the blue feedback button which appears above the time mark.
- Choose "English" under the "Subtitles" section:
- Now Subtitles for the Athlete should appear at the bottom of the screen.
*Please note that the "Auto (Recommended)" option will only work if you have the setting enabled in your mobile device system. We recommend checking how to "change subtitles" for your specific mobile device first, then choosing the "Auto" option once you are ready to use the Hydrow app!
Can I turn Captions on and off mid-workout instead?
Yes! This control is also available from the "settings" button in the top right. But for the best experience, we strongly suggest setting your row parameters before you get started whenever possible.
Are Captions available in the Hydrow app?
Yes, although the interface looks a bit different than above. Both audio and subtitle tracks can be changed in the mobile player as well.