This article shows how to filter your leaderboard and choose a particular subset of rowers that you want to be competing against while you row.
(For a more general overview of what the leaderboard is and how it works Click Here)
They Hydrow community is a big place, and you might feel a bit lost in the sea of thousands of other people on any given workout. For this reason we allow you to narrow your scope to people in a particular age range or gender identity. This can help you find other members of the Crew like you to compare your performance with, or just let you explore who's out there!
How to add a filter:
- Begin any workout on Hydrow
- Tap the funnel icon at the top right of the leaderboard:
- The filter screen will expand, showing your options and a total count of users at the top:
- Choose a Gender, An Age Group, or both.
(Note that the total changes to reflect the new leaderboard size.)
- Choose "Apply" in the upper left to save your changes.
- The Funnel icon will now show a number to remind you that you have active filters applied.
- Enjoy rowing with your new group!
How do I remove filters?
Follow the same steps as above, but simply deselect and unwanted filters. You can remove some or all of them as you please from one row to another! When all filters are removed you will once again see the full leaderboard and your global ranking among all participants in the workout!
Can I select multiple age groups at once?
No. Right now, you can only choose one age group and one gender identity to filter at a time. If you would like to see a broader range of users, remove the filters.
Will I have to set my filters every time I row?
No — once set, Hydrow will remember your filter selection for all future workouts until you change them!