When should I perform this?
There are plenty of valid reasons why you might want to perform a full clear and factory reset of your Hydrow:
- Changing Hydrow's timezone.
- To wipe all of your saved network data and perform a fresh setup.
- To clear your rower profiles or other personal info off of Hydrow.
- As part of troubleshooting for other issues. (especially if our Member Services team has pointed you towards this article)
The process uses Android Recovery mode as listed below.
Note: This will also clear any saved Wi-Fi passwords or paired Bluetooth devices. Make sure that you have the Wi-fi network password available before you perform this.
Steps to Perform a Factory Reset.
1. Turn off power to hydrow using the switch underneath Hydrow's neck.
2. Hold down the VOLUME-UP KEY on the right side of the monitor while you restore power via the switch.
3. Continue holding VOLUME UP until the Boot Mode menu (shown below) comes up at the left side of the screen then release VOLUME-UP:
(if a menu with Chinese characters shows up instead you may have held the volume down button by accident. You can reboot Hydrow and try again)
4. Tap the VOLUME-UP KEY a few times until the arrow is at "Recovery Mode"
5. Tap the VOLUME-DOWN KEY once to select this option.
6. Wait for Hydrow to reach the following Android screen below which reads "No command".
7. Press and hold the VOLUME-DOWN KEY for ~6 seconds and then release. The recovery mode menu appears:
8. Navigate the menu using the VOLUME UP or DOWN keys. Highlight "Wipe data / Factory reset" and then select it using a long-press from either Volume Key. ( Long-press = Hold the key down until the highlight turns green and then release.)
9. Confirm that you want to continue the wipe by selecting "YES" with another Long-Press as before. This happens very quickly should only last 1-2 seconds before it returns to the previous menu.
10. Look for this message to appear in the Bottom left to confirm that the wipe is complete:
11. Once the wipe is complete, Highlight the "Reboot system now" option and select it with a long-press to either key.
12. Hydrow should reboot as normal. It is normal for boot up to take longer than usual after this process. It should continue to ask for your Wi-Fi password within 2-5 full minutes. (If it takes longer than 5 minutes, it is safe to reboot Hydrow by turning off the power.)
(You may note that a simple "Factory Reset" Button also appears in the settings menu for your Hydrow. This option will show an error message when you try to use it. This is normal behavior and factory reset cannot be performed by this method.)