This page offers details on our Digital Basic membership and answer some common questions about it. If you are looking for details about the standard on-Hydrow membership, see this article instead.
What is the Hydrow Digital Basic membership?
This is our app-only membership, which can be purchased without owning a Hydrow rower. It provides access to our library of on-demand workout content and basic access to the Hydrow community.
How much does it cost?
Digital Basic access costs $19.99/month through the App store.
How do I sign up for Hydrow Digital Basic?
- Download the Hydrow app on your device's app store: iOS or Android.
- While it can be used on an iPad, the Hydrow App is sold as an iPhone-only app on iOS.
- Select the "Home" tab at the bottom, select any workout, and enter that workout by tapping “ROW” for a rowing workout or "GO" for an On the Mat workout.
- Choose to start your 30-day trial.
- Start enjoying the content immediately on your mobile device!
- After 30 days, your Digital Basic account will convert from a trial to a paid membership automatically if you choose to keep the service.
How is this different from an on-Hydrow membership?
- This digital membership will only allow for viewing our live and on-demand content on your iOS or Android device.
- Digital Basic does not presently have the capability to input any stats or meters recorded on another rowing machine into the app.
- Digital Basic allows for only one user profile, while a Hydrow membership allows as many profiles as you need on your rower.
- Most importantly: this membership cannot be used to activate a Hydrow connected rowing machine.
Do I need to buy a Digital Basic membership if I already have an on-Hydrow membership for my rower?
No. Definitely not! If you own a Hydrow rower and have a standard membership, there is no reason to also pay for Digital Basic, as your membership includes app access. It would be entirely redundant. In order to access Hydrow content on the app, you can do so after activating your On-Hydrow membership and logging in to the app with your credentials.
Does Digital Basic have any extra features or benefits that the on-Hydrow membership does not?
No. All features and functions of a Digital Basic account are already included in the on-Hydrow membership.
Can I connect it to a Concept 2 or other rowing computer to stream my stats from a different rowing machine?
No. This feature is not available as part of the membership. Meters, calories burned, and other dynamic stats will not be recorded for any row done on a Digital Basic account. Only your total workout minutes (rowing or on-the-mat) will be recorded in the app.
Can I convert my Digital Basic membership into a on-Hydrow membership later?
Yes, but you must first cancel your Digital Basic membership and start a new one on Hydrow. You can keep your screen name, workout stats, and history from one membership type to the other.
- Wait until your Hydrow Rower arrives and is ready to set up.
- Go to the App Store for your device (either Apple or Google Play) and Cancel your Digital Basic membership.
- Log out of your profile on the Hydrow app.
- On your Hydrow screen, log in with the same email & password you used in the app.
- When prompted, set up a new membership and enter your credit card on the screen for billing.
- Log back in to the app with your same email and password. You should now have all the same access to use the app as part of your on-Hydrow membership.