This page offers details on our Digital Basic Subscription and answer some common questions about it. If you are looking for details about the Standard On-Hydrow membership, See this article instead.
What is the Hydrow Digital Basic Subscription?
This is our App-only membership which can be purchased without owning a Hydrow Rower. It provides access to our library of on-demand workout content and basic access to the Hydrow community.
How much does it cost?
Digital Basic access costs $19.99/month through the App store.
How do I sign up for Hydrow Digital Basic?
- Download the Hydrow iOS app from the App store.
- While it can be used on an iPad, the Hydrow App is sold as an “iPhone-only” app.
- Select the "Rows" tab at the bottom, select any workout, and enter that workout by tapping “ROW”.
- Choose to start your 30-day trial.
- Start enjoying the content immediately on your iOS device.
- After 30 days your Digital Basic account will convert from a trial to a subscription automatically if you choose to keep the service.
How is this different from an "On-Hydrow" Membership?
This digital membership will only allow for viewing our content on your iOS device. Live-rowing workouts and several other features will not be accessible. Most importantly: this membership cannot be used to activate a Hydrow connected rowing machine.
Do I need to buy a Digital Subscription if I already have an "On-Hydrow" membership for my rower?
No. Definitely not! If you own a Hydrow rower and have a standard membership, there is no reason to also pay for Digital Basic. It would be entirely redundant.
Does Digital Basic have any extra features or benefits that the "On Hydrow" membership does not?
No. All features and functions of a Digital Basic account are already included in the On-Hydrow Members who own a rower.
Can I connect it to a PM5 or other rowing computer to stream my stats from a different rowing machine?
No. This feature is not available as part of the subscription. Meters, calories burned, and other dynamic stats will not be recorded for any row done on a Digital Basic account. Only your total workout minutes (rowing or on-the-mat) will be recorded in the app.