This article is meant to answer some common questions about our six-week Training Camp program. Most of the information below will also apply to our four-week Endurance Camp program, too!
What is Hydrow Training Camp? How does it work?
- Training Camp is a six-week program designed to help you kick off a new season with strength and positivity!
- There are several different levels and focuses available:
- Fitness Builder - designed for those who are brand new to rowing. Start your fitness journey here!
- Beginner - A good follow-up to Fitness Builder to keep building strong habits and continue your journey.
- Sprint - focuses on how to push hard, lower your split and maximize your output for interval training, racing, and aerobic exercise.
- Endurance - This camp is geared towards working you up to longer exercise sessions of 30-45 minutes. It culminates with our only 60-minute workout in the final week! Endurance camp will help you unlock the Anaerobic benefits of rowing.
- Each program has four workout sessions per week ranging from 20-45 minutes.
- Each program has an assessment in Week 1 and Week 6, so your progress is measurable and meaningful.
- Hydrow Athletes will lead the way as you get stronger and fitter!
How do I sign-up or join this program?
There is no registration or sign-up necessary. Simply scroll down on your Hydrow's Home screen to where "Training Camp" is listed (starting 12/31), and select the Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced track. From there you can begin the first workout in your selected program. If you have trouble finding those workouts, please see How Do I Find the Training Camp Workouts?
How will my progress be tracked?
Workouts you complete will receive a check-mark on Hydrow, but we'll also be keeping track behind the scenes. As you complete Training Camp videos along any of the three levels, we will be marking your milestones with personalized progress emails to keep you engaged and motivated along the way!
Lastly, Weeks 1 and 6 will finish with an assessment challenge that you can use to objectively measure your performance and progress against!
What difficulty level should I choose?
If you're new to Hydrow, or rowing in general, we'd say start with the "Fitness Builder" program. This is our introductory segment and will work you up to a good starting point for the "Beginner Training Camp" program. It's a good idea check out the introductory videos in the "Learn to Row" series before you dive in!
If you're more experienced with rowing, feel free to sample a few workouts to get a feel for them before you commit to one level. Training Camp is a marathon, not a sprint. Pick a difficulty level that you're confident you can stick with, and keep coming back to for the whole program!
Do I need to join the Facebook group to participate?
Absolutely not. While our "Training Camp" Facebook group is a great community forum to connect with other Hydrow users, it is an optional part of the program. No Facebook account is required to participate in Training Camp!
Do I need to use the iOS or Android app?
No; Training Camp is not available with the companion apps. Anyone with the Hydrow rower can participate!
Are there swag prizes or other rewards for participating?
No. Training Camp is not a promotion, contest, or giveaway. It is a series of workout programs to help guide you on the way to achieving your own personal fitness goals! The results are their own reward here!