Hydrow's new Strava integration works through the iOS companion app. You must download and log into the Hydrow app to use this feature. (This feature is not available yet on the Hydrow Rower, or in our Android Beta app)
First your Hydrow app must be connected to your Strava account. Once this is done you can post workouts to that service directly. See steps for both below:
1. Authorizing connection to your Strava account
You will only need to do this process once, the first time you want to use Hydrow & Strava together.
- In the Hydrow app, choose the "Profile" Tab at the bottom of the app.
- Scroll down to the "Connections" section.
- Choose "Connect with Strava"
- Choose Continue when this message pops up:
- Log in to your Strava account and authorize Hydrow to post.
2. Sharing a workout to Strava
Once Strava has been connected, you can share a workout quickly with the steps below. This will need to be done individually for each workout.
- In the Hydrow app, choose the "Activity" tab at the bottom
- Select the "Row history" tab at the top.
Tap on the workout you want to share.
- Tap the orange Strava logo at the top of the screen to share this workout.
- Once a checkmark appears in place of the orange square, the information has been sent.
- Workout info should appear in your feed on Strava.
Right now only basic information is transmitted (Minutes, Meters, etc.) and each workout must be shared manually as described above. We're hoping to expand this feature and add an option to auto-sync workouts to Strava in the future but there is no specific timetable for when this will be possible.
Note: For help workouts to other social media services see See this Article
3. What Stats are Sent to Strava?
Only the following stats are shared via this integration:
- Workout title, with Athlete name and Location.
- Distance rowed in Meters
- Average Pace (Split) in time/500m
- Moving Time
Stats which are not shared:
- Heart Rate data
- Leaderboard status
- Watts output (average or peak)
- Peak speed/split
- Thumbnail picture from the completed workout
We could potentially choose to add some or all of the above to the integration in a future update, but there is no clear timeline for this currently.