Assigning Hydrow a Static IP address may be required for some networks, especially when working with Enterprise infrastructure and security. This may also help resolve problems with Network Address Translation, or communication with our servers. You can use the steps below to set up a Static IP.
- Go to Hydrow's Wi-Fi Settings screen.
- Open the settings for your desired network connection:
- If you are establishing a new connection to the desired network tap on the name of the network once.
- If you are already connected to the desired network, Long-press on the name of the network you are using to connect. Then choose "Modify network"
- Click the downward arrow to expand "advanced options"
- YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ADVANCED SETTINGS MENTIONED IN THE NEXT STEPS.
- Find "IP Settings" and switch from "DHCP" to "STATIC"
- Set your desired IP address and Gateway
- Set DNS servers for your connection. (these default to the google DNS of 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206 )
- Choose either "Save" or "connect".
Hydrow should now connect to the network with the specified static IP. Make sure to also set up matching IP reservations for Hydrow on your router as well.