The Sound balance between the music and the Athletes voice can be adjusted to your preference either before the workout or during the workout.
How To find and adjust Audio Mix Settings before your workout.
We recommend getting your audio levels set before you begin for the best experience.
1. Click on any workout from the library, and before you begin you will see this screen. Choose "Sound & Drag" settings.
The following options will appear under the volume slider.
How to bring up Audio Mix settings during a workout:
To access these settings during a workout, you can either:
- Adjust the workout volume using the on-board volume buttons on the right side of the monitor
- Tap the "Settings" button at the top right of the screen:
When you do, the following "Sound Profile" options will also be available appear on the screen underneath the volume slider:
Selecting the right Mix settings:
The audio mix can be adjusted in the following ways:
- If you are having trouble hearing the Music, you can Select the "MORE MUSIC" profile.
- If you are having trouble hearing the Athlete's instruction over the music, you can select the "MORE ATHLETE" profile.
- You can also choose the "ATHLETE ONLY" profile to completely mute the music. Be aware that this may be confusing sometimes as Athletes plan their workouts to go with the music and might make references to it in their instruction.
- To undo changes and return to the original balance, press "ORIGINAL MIX"
With these controls you can choose the audio blend you prefer on any workout!
Can I mute either the Athlete entirely?
No. This is not possible in the current interface, you can only adjust the balance as described above. There is also no closed-captioning available for Athlete dialog for use with the sound turned off.
Other facts about this feature:
- These options will only show on workouts where adjustments are available. Some content will not display any audio mix options such as:
- Live Rows
- Older workouts filmed before this feature was implemented. (~Oct. 2019)
- These buttons will not appear when changing volume +/- on the menu outside of a workout.
- Changing volumes with the in-line +/- buttons your bluetooth headset may not bring up the menu correctly.
- Audio mix settings are remembered from one workout to another. If you select a preference "More Athlete" it will pick that audio option every time until you change it manually.
- It is normal to see a slight pause or stutter in the workout Audio & Video as you switch from one mix option to another during a workout. This is another reason we suggest setting it beforehand whenever possible.