This is a Legacy article. We strongly recommend connecting your HRM via ANT+ instead of using the steps below for Bluetooth. Bluetooth connection may poorly impact your experience.
- Tap a workout from the main screen of Hydrow to expand the details.
- Tap the Heart Rate Monitor option.
- Put your Bluetooth heart rate monitor (HRM) into pairing mode. (See your product's user manual for instructions.)
- On the Bluetooth menu, tap + Pair new device.
- Select the name of your Bluetooth HRM from the list.
- Wait for pairing to finish. Your HRM will now be listed on the "paired devices" list. Unlike a set of BT headphones, an HRM will not display "connected" underneath its name, even though it is paired and ready to go.
- HRMs that require a PIN to be entered as part of connection (including most Fitbits.) are not compatible with Hydrow. If your HRM asks you to enter a code during any part of this process, it likely falls into this category.
- Apple Watches can only be connected via the Watch Link & Hydrow Guide accessory.
- Press the back button in the upper left to return to the workout detail page. It should now show the name of your HRM as connected on the right side.
- Start the row and wait for the 60-second intro to finish and the workout to begin. With your HRM connected, you will now see heart rate stats on the screen during your workout.
- Now that pairing is complete, your Bluetooth HRM should reconnect to Hydrow automatically anytime it powers on.
NOTE: Your heart rate stats will show up live during your row, but will not be reported on the screen at the end of your row or recorded in your Progress tab. This may or may not be added in the future.