Note. This is a Legacy article. Wherever possible we strongly recommend connecting your HRM by ANT+ instead of using the steps below for Bluetooth.
Hydrow supports connecting a Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor for extra feedback during your workout. If you have never used one before, use the steps below to add one.
Steps to Pair:
1. Click on a workout from the main screen of Hydrow to expand the details, then click on "Connected devices" to expand that section. This will show you whether Bluetooth Headphones or a Heart Monitor are currently connected. Tap on the HRM option to begin:
2. Put your Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor into pairing mode. (If you are not sure how to do this, check the user guide for that product for instructions.)
3. On Hydrow's screen choose "+ Pair New Device"
4. Select the name of your Bluetooth HRM from the list.
5. Wait for pairing to finish. Your HRM will now be listed on the "paired devices" list. Unlike a set of BT headphones, an HRM will not display "connected" underneath its name, even though it is paired & ready to go.
- Heart Rate Monitors which require a PIN to be entered as part of connection (E.g. Apple Watch, Most Fitbit Models, etc.) are not compatible with Hydrow. If your HRM is asking you to enter a code during any part of this process, it likely falls into this category.
6. Press the back button in the upper left to return to the workout detail page. It should now show the name of your HRM as connected on the right side:
7. Start the row and wait for the 60-second intro to finish and the workout to begin. With your HRM connected, you will now see heart rate stats on the screen during your workout!
NOTE: Heart Rate stats will show up live during your row, but will not be reported on the screen at the end of your row or recorded in your "progress" tab. This may or may not be added this in the future.
Now that pairing is complete, your Bluetooth HRM should reconnect to Hydrow automatically anytime it powers on.