Hydrow rowers without an active membership will operate in "Unpaid mode" and have only very restricted functionality. This might happen if you pause or cancel the membership subscription attached to your rower or if you declined to sign up when Hydrow was first installed.
Unpaid mode is extremely limited. It is not the intended experience of Hydrow and we do not suggest purchasing one expressly for use in this mode.
What is NOT accessible in Unpaid mode?
Most of the content that makes the Hydrow experience unique will be unavailable. This means:
- NO access to our library of on-demand workout videos.
- NO access to live workouts.
- NO active leaderboard while rowing.
- NO progress tracking for your metrics and milestones.
- NO participation in racing or other events.
What features can still be used in Unpaid mode?
- Only 3 fixed demo workouts will be available.
- Workout stats will display live while rowing one of those three videos, but will not be saved to your account.
- Resistance level can be adjusted.
- The workout feed and other aspects of the Hydrow Community can be viewed.
Do I still need an internet connection even in Unpaid Mode?
Yes. An active internet connection is still needed to keep Hydrow up to date and functioning normally. Registering for and logging into a Hydrow account is also still required, even in unpaid mode.
Note: You can exit unpaid mode at any time by subscribing. Simply tap on any workout content beyond the 3 basic ones offered and a dialog will open to walk you through setting up your membership.