Here are a few additional tips when connecting Hydrow to your wireless network:
- To ensure good bandwidth and streaming we strongly recommend using a broadband router connected to a high-speed connection. (See: How Much Bandwidth Does Hydrow Need?) Use with a mobile hotspot or similar cellular internet connection could result in poor performance.
- For best reception across a distance and through walls, it is generally best to connect Hydrow to a 2.4Ghz network rather than a 5Ghz network.
- Avoid placing Hydrow directly above or below your home router, as these are often dead-spots for reception.
- It also is possible to be too close to your router. Make sure Hydrow's screen is at least 2-3 feet away from the router to avoid communication issues.
- Wi-Fi extenders and repeaters can sometimes cause issues with connection or bandwidth as they rebroadcast your connection. Connect Hydrow directly to your main router if at all possible.
- Leave Hydrow turned on and connected between uses. This will make sure you get the latest software updates downloaded and installed automatically in the background while Hydrow sleeps. You'll never have to wait for a system update to complete before you start rowing!