The leaderboard displays your performance compared to other users who have done this workout. As you row, the leaderboard updates to display their relative progress alongside yours, displaying usernames and their projected finish at the same point in the row you're currently hitting.
The total number of rowers on your leaderboard is shown at the top, and your individual rank is displayed as a number to the left of your icon. You cannot scroll this list during a row, but you can scroll and filter the Leaderboard after a workout is complete from the Dock.
View the leaderboard
- During a workout, the leaderboard will appear on the right-hand side of the screen.
- After a workout, you can find the leaderboard on the workout's Dock.
Hide/show the leaderboard during a workout
Tap the collapse icon > at the top-left of the leaderboard. Click the list icon to expand the leaderboard again.
- Tap into a row you've done to see the Dock.
- Tap the Leaderboard to see how you placed.
Filter the leaderboard
The Hydrow community is a big place, and you might feel a bit lost in the sea of thousands of other people on any given workout. You can filter the leaderboard to compare your performance with other Crew members like you, or to explore who's out there.
- Begin a workout
- Tap the list icon to expand the leaderboard if necessary.
- Warm ups, cool downs, and on-the-mat workouts do not have leaderboards.
- Tap the funnel icon on the top-right of the leaderboard.
- Select options for filtering.
- Tap the Following button in the Crew section to see only the friends you follow in the Hydrow mobile app.
- Tap any other option to filter the public leaderboard.
- Tap Apply in the top-left to save your choices
- The funnel icon displays the number of filters currently applied to the leaderboard.
- To remove a filter, follow the same steps above, but deselect the desired options in Step 4.
- You cannot filter for multiple age groups or gender identities at once at this time.
- Your filters are saved for all future workouts until you change them.
Like another member's workout
- Click the thumbs up icon under the member's screen name on the Leaderboard.
Follow another member
- Click the Follow button under the member's screen name on the Leaderboard.
How is the leaderboard calculated?
The leaderboard displays your projected finish compared to others when they're at the same point in the row. The numbers displayed to the right of the names on the leaderboard show how many meters that user is projected to finish ahead (+) or behind (-) you. This projection is based on only the strokes you have taken so far, so you will notice some variability in this number early in the workout. Within a few minutes, it will stabilize out into a better long-term projection.
Are the users on my leaderboard real?
Yes, everyone listed on the leaderboard is a real account! We have no bots or simulated rowers in the mix. Users who start a workout and leave before beginning will be shown at the bottom of the leaderboard with zero meters.
Why am I on the leaderboard more than once?
As you row, the leaderboard will show both your current stats and your previous best stats. After you've finished the workout, only your best stats will show in the leaderboard.
I don't see the leaderboard
Not all workouts have leaderboards. Warm-ups, cool downs, and on-the-mat workouts do not have leaderboard.
If the leaderboard is hidden, tap the list icon at the top-right of your screen.
I can't like someone's workout or follow them
These features are only available for members who share their workouts.