What is the Leaderboard?
The leaderboard helps you compare your performance to others who have done this workout before. It displays their progress alongside yours, listing usernames and how many meters they had rowed at the same point you are currently at.
- The leaderboard displays your progress amid the similar progress of others who are rowing at the same time (when Live) or have done this workout in the past (On-Demand workouts)
- The total number of rowers on your leaderboard is listed at the top, and your individual rank is displayed as a number to the left of your icon.
- The distance between you and nearby competitors is shown to the right, displaying you how many meters they are ahead of you (+) or behind you (-)
- The display only shows the people closest to you. It cannot be scrolled up or down to see other competitors further ahead or farther behind.
- If you do not want to see this information, the leaderboard can be hidden by pressing the Left arrow button at the top of the leaderboard ".
- The List button will expand the leaderboard again if it is hidden.
How it works:
- The workout progress for all users is recorded at two-second intervals. This interval is also how often your rank in the leaderboard is updated.
- Since data from all previous workouts are placed on the leaderboard, you may find yourself competing against your own username if you do the same workout more than once.
- Everyone listed on the leaderboard is a real account! We have no bots, or simulated rowers in the mix. If people started a workout and left before beginning, their name will stay at the bottom showing zero meters.
- Live rows have their own leaderboard during the live event. When a recorded row is published as On-Demand content, the leaderboard will be a clean slate and will not include times from the live row.
Filtering the leaderboard
There are a LOT of rowers in the Hydrow community and they fall across a wide spectrum of age, gender identity, and athletic ability. You might want to narrow your leaderboard view to compare your progress to others who identify as being in a similar category to you. Filters will help you do this!
Note that Most of the above applies mainly to our on-demand workouts. The leaderboard's behavior is a little different during a Live broadcast. See more under How Does Live Rowing Work?