Follow these steps to remove and replace Hydrow's Rowing Handle
NOTE: Please do not attempt this process unless explicitly instructed to do so by a Hydrow support representative. If you are have mechanical trouble with Hydrow, please first get in touch with our Support team for assistance.
You will need:
- Phillips Screwdriver.
- 5mm hex
- 10mm open wrench
Steps to remove handle:
- Remove the handle cover.
- Flip handle over and place into bracket
- Remove 4 screws from the bottom of the handle.
- Remove both halves of the cover and place to the side.
- Loosen the Attachment bolt
- brace the nut on one side with the 10mm Open wrench
- Unscrew bolt with Hex key to loosen.
- remove nut
- Release the webbing
- hold the hold the webbing directly
- Slide back back Strain Relief
- Remove tension on the bolt and slide it out
- Place Strain Relief back into the bracket
- Place handle to the side
- Remove Spacer & Strain Relief
- Hold by strap and remove Spacer from webbing.
- slide Strain Relief off.
- Place a tool (such as your screwdriver) through the loop in the webbing and carefully let it retract to the body of hydrow
Steps to replace handle:
- Replace Strain Relief & Spacer
- Pull strap out and remove your placeholder tool.
- Slide Strain Relief on and up the strap slightly.
- Place the Spacer into the loop in the webbing.
- Slide Strain Relief down.
- Replace in bracket to hold
- Reattach the webbing to the handle.
- Put handle in place and slide the bolt through both the handle and the Spacer
- Tighten the bolt.
- Reattach the nut to the end of the bolt. Use your 10mm open ended wrench & hex key to tighten it down solidly.
- Reattach the handle cover
- Fit one half of the cover through the holes in the handle core
- make sure the flange of the Strain Relief fits around the edge of the cover.
- Attach the other half of the cover
- Reinstall 4 screws in to the cover
- Flip the handle back to the right orientation in the bracket.