This error is typically caused if the Hydrow cable behind the monitor is either unplugged or not firmly seated into the port. The error message will appear when trying to begin a row if the screen cannot detect or communicate with the rowing hardware. This error does not relate to Wi-Fi or network connectivity in any way.
Note: This error might also appear alongside an "updating software" message.
- Turn Hydrow off using the power switch on the Body of hydrow, just above where the front feet attach.
- Unplug both of the cables at the back of the Monitor
- Wait a full 10 seconds
- Replug both of the cables at the back of the Monitor
- Power hydrow back on.
On older versions of software this error might look like:
NOTE: The process above should take at least 10 seconds. power cycling too quickly could activate a bug that would cause this symptom.
Just replugging in the Hydrow cable without rebooting will usually resolve the issue too, but once in a while doing so will put the brake-controller into a bad state requiring a reboot anyway.
If this does not resolve as expected, try the following:
- You can also check to see whether the PCB serial brake controller info and other hardware information is reporting as N/A errors in the settings screen:
This tells us for sure that the rest of the hardware is not communicating with the Monitor.
- If these symptoms remain after both of the above steps you can also try tablet resets as a last resort.
- Factory Reset Process
- Clearing the Cache via Recovery Mode
- Retrieve all serial # information you can from the customer's records and escalate.
- If this ticket didn't begin with an instabug, have the customer submit an IB so we can look at the logs. Look for any Brake Health (BH) logs to find potentially related issues with the 48V rail.