We suggest you make any changes your drag level before you begin a work out. This isn't something that you should need to change regularly, but the option is always there.
To turn the resistance level up or down, use the following steps:
- Log in to Hydrow
- Select any workout from the main screen to expand the details
- Tap on the "Resistance" option at the bottom to expand that section:
- Use the slider or buttons to adjust the resistance up or down to your desired value
- Resistance is set at 104 by default which best simulates the experience of rowing on water. We strongly recommend starting here at first.
- Be aware that very small adjustments to resistance may be hard to detect.
- Select the blue "ROW" Button at the top to begin your workout at the new resistance level.
- You will notice the new resistance most acutely when you start taking full powerful strokes. You may not feel much difference with light pulls on the handle.
PLEASE NOTE: Form and technique make a lot of difference to both how much power you output and how intense of a workout you get while rowing at any drag level. If you are turning Hydrow's resistance setting up because you have not been feeling physically challenged enough in workouts, we would first suggest you check out the article How Do I Get a Better Workout While Rowing?
Lastly, here's a little clip from Hydrow Athlete Mike Dostal about setting your drag: