Right now Hydrow's electromagnetic resistance can only be changed while actively rowing. To turn the resistance level up or down, use the following steps:
- Log in to Hydrow
- Select a row and start it.
- In the upper right, tap the gear icon to open the settings menu.
- Adjust the resistance slider up or down to your desired value
- Resistance is set at 104 by default which best simulates the experience of rowing on water.
- Resistance does not change instantaneously as you adjust the slider. Complete these steps before you will feel it change.
- Click the "X" icon in the upper right to close the settings menu.
- Pull the handle 2-3 times before you will notice that resistance has adjusted.
NOTE: Very small adjustments may still be hard to detect.