Avoid all of the following during a workout:
- Opening the Bluetooth menu and changing your configuration.
- Change the audio mix options more than twice.
- Touch the Feedback icon to send us a message or report a problem.
Doing any of these during a workout (including during the 60 seconds before the leaderboard turns on) will put the timer substantially out of sync with the video (sometimes even by several minutes). For this reason, we strongly suggest that you get your Bluetooth devices connected and settled before you begin rowing and wait until the row ends to send any feedback.
If the issue recurs regularly without input:
This can also be a symptom of slow network transfer rates, either due to poor Wifi reception or insufficient network bandwidth. Hydrow has an onboard timer that starts and ends the row based on the length of the video. Streaming difficulties during the video (either buffering the stream at the beginning or stopping mid-row to buffer) can sometimes push the video progress a few seconds out of sync with Hydrow's onboard timer.
Possible related symptoms
- Several moments of black screen, between selecting a row and the video beginning.
- The on-screen timer becoming slightly out-of-sync with the Athlete's performance or instruction in the video.
- The row appears to end a few seconds early, cutting off the tail segment of the video slightly.
If you only see this issue once in a long while, this is probably nothing to worry about. Network speed can vary from moment to moment depending on usage. However, if you see this problem consistently on all or most rows, follow our WiFi troubleshooting guide.