Firstly avoid any of the following during a row:
- Going into the Bluetooth menu and changing your headphone or HRM configuration
- Changing between the audio mix options more than once or twice.
- Touching the feedback icon to send us a message or report a problem.
Doing any of these while in the middle of a row (including during the 60 seconds before the leaderboard turns on) will put the timer substantially out of sync with the video (sometimes even by several minutes). for this reason we strongly suggest that you get your Bluetooth devices connected and settled before you begin rowing and wait until the row ends to send any feedback.
If the issue recurs regularly without intput:
This can also be a symptom of slow network transfer rates, either due to poor Wi-fi reception or insufficient network bandwidth. Hydrow has an on-board timer which starts and ends the row based on the length of the video. Streaming difficulties during the video (either buffering the stream at the beginning or stopping mid-row to buffer) can sometimes push the video progress a few seconds out of sync with Hydrow's onboard timer.
Possible related symptoms:
- Several moments of black-screen between selecting a row and the video beginning.
- The on-screen timer becoming slightly out-of-sync with the Athlete's performance or instruction in the video.
- The row appears to end a few seconds early, cutting off the tail segment of the video slightly.
What to do:
If you only see this issue once in a long while, this is probably nothing to worry about. Network speed can vary moment to moment depending on usage. However, if you see this problem consistently on all or most rows, start by Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connectivity