Hydrow Racing allows you to connect with a partner across the street or across the continent to compete in weekly challenges. You can compete with other double teams and feel the power of community and accountability. You’ll find new friends, new teammates, and new competitors. Along the way you’ll feel the impact of what it means to show up for your partner and perform as a team.
Learn more about how racing works below, or jump to:
- Each team consists of 2 teammates.
- You can be on multiple teams.
- Team invitations expire 7 days after they are sent.
- You cannot rename or delete a team.
- You can create a new one at any time.
- Weekly races start run Monday through Sunday.
- Racing closes at 11:59pm Eastern on Sunday nights.
Your team competes for the most minutes rowed during the week.
- Your team climbs the leaderboard as you and your teammate clock minutes in any of Hydrow’s rowing workouts
- On The Mat workouts are not eligible.
Your team competes for the most meters rowed for a specific workout.
- The Meters Race workout is available on the left side of the Racing tab.
- A new Meters Race workout is selected every week.
- You can complete the Meters Race workout as many times as you like throughout the week.
- Your highest meters for the workout are added to your partner's highest meters for the workout
- This race does not track the most meters rowed throughout the week for any person or team; only the Meters Race workout counts towards this race.
You will see notifications in your feed for the following:
- Someone invites you to a team
- Tap the notification in your feed, and then accept or decline the invitation.
- Invitations expire after 7 days.
- You will see a blue dot on the Racing tab when you have new or outstanding invitations. This notification dot persists until you accept the invitation or the invitation expires.
- Someone accepts your invite to a team
- Tap the notification to see your team details on the Racing tab.
- A teammate completes a row as part of a race
- Tap the notification to see more details on their performance.