This article details setting up a new user account on your hydrow, or changing the name on an existing one.
To Create a new account using Hydrow's screen:
- If you are already logged in with an existing user account, Go to the "profile" tab and choose "switch user"
- Choose the "ADD PROFILE" option.
- Fill in your first name, Last name, and Email
- Choose a public screen name for the new account
- Hydrow will follow whatever you type in for a screen name—capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols e.g. SamIam or $am!99 (both screen names will appear as typed). You will not be able to use a screen name that has already been taken.
- Please keep in mind that we are all here for a good time and to support one another within the Hydrow Community. Please do not use expletives or demeaning phrases in your account name. Names of this sort may be changed or removed at our discretion.
- Choose a password at least 8 characters long.
- Fill out as much or as little of the information as you wish to on the "TELL US MORE" optional screen.
- Please note that all of this information (with the exception of your exact birthdate) will be PUBLICLY VISIBLE
- Do not put your exact street address or other sensitive information in the "location" field. We recommend this for a general city or state info so other racers can know what region you are from.
- Congratulations your account setup is complete, you can now row under your new user profile on any Hydrow, or use it to sign in to our iOS app.
To create a new account on the Hydrow iOS app:
- Log out of any existing accounts using the "profile" tab.
- Select the "register" option underneath the Blue "log in" button.
- Follow steps 3-8 in the process above. Every thing is the same as on Hydrow's screen from here.
To change the Screen Name on your Hydrow account:
No longer thrilled with your first pick and want to trade your screen name out? No problem! Use the steps below:
- Tap on the Profile tab at the bottom.
- Tap on your current screen name underneath the "Public." title.
- Type your new desired screen name or make changes to your current screen name.
- Tap on Change.
- Hit logout and the profile with the updated screen name will appear.
- Log back in and you’re all set!
Note: The name changes will not take effect without steps 5&6. Be sure to log out and back in again.