Hydrow is designed so that it can be assembled without professional assistance. However, we strongly suggest using two people during the assembly process. Please read all safety information and instructions in the Hydrow User Guide (Manual) before assembly and use. Failure to do so could result in injury, damage to your Hydrow, and invalidation of your warranty.
Before you begin, please take a moment to watch the unboxing and assembly video below.
Please note that some assembly steps for your Hydrow may vary slightly from what is shown in the following video. For the most up-to-date assembly information, always refer to the Hydrow User Guide included with your Hydrow Rower.
Pick a spot
Place Hydrow indoors somewhere dry and flat, close to a power outlet and with good Wi-Fi reception. Please read Tips for Placing Hydrow in your home for full details on storing Hydrow properly.
- Cut the plastic straps on the outside of Hydrow's box and discard them.
- Remove the top of the box, the cardboard inserts around Hydrow's body, and any plastic.
- Set aside the monitor box, hardware box, and large cardboard block (A) from under Hydrow's tail.
Gather the parts
- A: cardboard block from under Hydrow's tail
- B-F: tools from the hardware box
Attach the feet
- Have one person hold the cardboard block (A) steady while the other person carefully props the front, curved part of the Hydrow on top of it.
- WARNING: Hydrow might be unstable while resting on the cardboard block. Exercise caution while attaching the front feet.
- Thread a hex bolt (B) with a lock washer (C) and then a flat washer (D). Make sure to assemble the washers in the order shown. Repeat for all four hex bolts.
- Have one person loosely attach the four bolts by hand while the other person holds the foot in place.
- Once all four bolts are attached, tighten them with the provided hex wrench (E).
- Note: In the correct orientation, the wheels will be up in the air and the flat pads will rest towards the floor.
- WARNING: Do NOT use power tools to install or tighten bolts; this can damage the Hydrow.
- WARNING: Make sure the legs are securely fastened before using Hydrow.
- Carefully remove the cardboard block from under Hydrow so that it stands on all four legs. One person should lift the weight while the other slides the block out.
- Remove the protective film from Hydrow’s top rail using the pull tab.
Attach the monitor
- While pressing the button on Hydrow's neck, raise the neck to an upright position, and then release the button. You will hear a click when the neck is locked into place. You may need to lift the neck slightly before pushing the button to take weight off the lock mechanism.
- Have one person hold the monitor against the mount.
- Have the other person loosely secure the monitor to Hydrow with the thumbscrews (F).
- Gently pivot the monitor clockwise or counterclockwise until it appears level.
- While holding the monitor in place, hand-tighten the four thumbscrews.
- Plug the two cords extending from Hydrow's neck into the back of the monitor. Make sure to match each cord with the correct input, as shown below.
Connect to power and internet
- Plug one end of the power cord into Hydrow (near the feet), and then plug the three-pronged end into a power outlet.
- Flip the power switch (near Hydrow's feet) to on (0 = off, 1 = on).
- Connect to the internet:
- Follow the on-screen steps to connect to WiFi, OR
- Connect an ethernet cable to the back of Hydrow's monitor and then to your ethernet jack or router.
- Wait while Hydrow automatically installs the latest software updates.
- Once Hydrow is on and updated, follow the on-screen prompts to create or log in to your account, agree to the terms of service, and get rowing!